[thelist] Designing Application Architecture URLs?

Frank frank at loofahcom.com
Wed Aug 1 14:27:30 CDT 2001

Since the beginning, I've taken the philosophy that applications should
specialize; to do one thing, and do it well. This being the case, it also
means that several specific applications should be able to talk and play
with each other nicely. I've been able to accomplish quite a bit using the
Fusebox framework, and for the most part, my work load has been reduced
significantly, but I'd like to take it even further.

Can someone offer some suggestions, or pointers to URLs that discuss
specific application architecture issues such as planning for unknown
future application use, creating consistent methodologies for
intercommunication (I guess that would be the equivalent of designing an API?)

Basically, I'm wondering if there is something similar to Application
Architecture 101 that someone might know of. Suggestions? Thanks!