[thelist] dreamweaver template issues (relative file path rel ated)

Cancilla Dominick cancilla.d at buckconsultants.com
Wed Aug 1 18:04:25 CDT 2001

	>> my site hierarchy is testarea/ [snip]  I need the template to
write new documents without the "/" ie "images/example.gif" <<

	There are two different ways to deal with this:

	1) Use relative path names.

	2) Create a directory named "testarea" on your local machine and
(from within Dreamweaver) move your entire site into it. This is what I do
and it works great. When the site is ready to go live, you just drag it out
of the test folder and all of the links are correctly rewritten.

	Hope this helps.

	--Dominick

DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  Access, copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other
person is not authorized.  If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.