[thelist] Active X and ASP

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Thu Aug 2 07:06:46 CDT 2001

Hassan wrote:
>>ASP and Active X "will work on any system" ?!?

Multiple choice --
  The above statement
  [x] is really sad
  [x] is really funny
  [x] comes to you from a different plane of reality

Oh, man, my sides hurt. Is it Miller time yet?

Server side ASP will work on any client system.   The HTML page is
constructed at the server not the client.  Of course the hosting site needs
to be NT or be Chilisoft enabled, (Chilisoft still won't allow an ActiveX
installation at the server though).   They are getting to be quite common.
ActiveX will work on all IE browsers, except for those that have downloading
of ActiveX components turned off, which is all virus sensitive people.
I personally love the flexablility that ActiveX gives me to code with, but
can't use it because there are so many people out there writing vicious
applets with it.  I sadly would recommend staying away from the ActiveX
components.  Use java if you need.  Must people still have that enabled.  A
lot of my pages are an VBScript/JavaScript/HTML mix.  They are very
functional and work on ALL client browsers.

Brian W. King