[thelist] ie5 kiosk mode link

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Aug 2 15:46:55 CDT 2001

Scott Schrantz wrote:
> Sorry for jumping the gun with a half-finished solution. The shortcut above
> will only open IE to its default homepage. To open it to a particular
> website, you need to enter the URL after the -k. So the full text on the
> shortcut would be
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -k www.evolt.org
>
> That shortcut would open IE5 to Evolt in kiosk mode. Then you can change the
> icon to whatever you want (it will be the blue e by default).

Right, you can do the same thing with:

IEXPLORE -k www.evolt.org - which is less Drive and installation
specific.

Incidentally - I just did this, and hey - what's the *right* way to bust
out of MSIE/Win/Kiosk Mode? I used ALT-F4 - is this the only way?

	- Jot <http://artlung.com/>
--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com