[thelist] ie5 kiosk mode link

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Aug 2 16:18:32 CDT 2001

"D.Bruce Saurer" wrote:
> [...]

That was the first thing I tried - but I think F11 is for fullscreen
mode as opposed to Kiosk mode - so it doesn't toggle. I thought I'd have
to CTRL-ALT-DEL - but ALT-F4 did it.

Good thought though - and F11 is really nice on a Windows box -
particularly for screenshots.

Scott Schrantz wrote:
> > IEXPLORE -k www.evolt.org - which is less Drive and installation
> > specific.
>
> I was going to suggest that, but it didn't work on my system! ("The file
> IEXPLORE cannot be found.") So, I didn't want to suggest something that I
> couldn't even get to work. It probably works just fine for everybody else.

That's peculiar. It has something to do with the Windows path, I bet.
Why the OS wouldn't know where IExplore is I have no idea.

> > Incidentally - I just did this, and hey - what's the *right*
> > way to bust
> > out of MSIE/Win/Kiosk Mode? I used ALT-F4 - is this the only way?
>
> While researching, I found
> http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,23008,3327991,00.html
> That page has a list of most of the shortcuts you can use in kiosk mode.
> ALT-F4 works, as well as CTRL-W (a new one to me).

CTRL-W does do it (that's a Mac-a-like thing - Command-W usually closes
a _W_indow on Mac. Get it? Much more memorable than ALT-F4. Some Windows
apps (Win/PhotoShop has it) have absorbed CTRL-W for closing windows - a
nice addition.

(I'm on NT4 now - my experiences may not be yours).

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>
--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com