[thelist] PHP --- HEADER function enigma (fwd)

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Fri Aug 3 09:27:05 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:19:47 -0400
From: "[iso-8859-1] Stéphane Gosselin" <stef at cfusions.com>
To: thelist-admin-lists.evolt.org <thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: PHP --- HEADER function enigma

         Ok . strange ? This works fine . . .
         header("Location:http://www.cfusions.com/index.php?session_id=".$session_id);

         Sails us
right  to:  http://www.cfusions.com/index.php?session_id=jF6JKbnuH7 , as
expected.

         THis, on the other hand, don t work.
         header("Location:http://www.cfusions.com/index.php?session_id=".$session_id."&username=".$username);

         (CHOKES)

         Anyone reading this have a clue why not? The same type of headers
work for me on other pages, but not THIS one :o(.
         I twiddled and found that:

         header("Location:http://www.cfusions.com/index.php?session_id=".$session_id."&username);
         returns the expected:
http://www.cfusions.com/index.php?session_id=jF6JKbnuH7&username

         BUT AS SOON as I  get to adding the "=" in my string, my header
chokes.I can append my variable, it IS initialised & has a value.
         Heck. I can put my WHOLE header location string, just without the
second equal sign between my variables & the thing loads at least:
         header("Location:http://www.cfusions.com/index.php?session_id=".$session_id."&username".username);

          The page IS in an include but that shoulnd nt matter? A dear
Evolter (bless him) wrote me & said it should'nt .

         Thanks for bearing.

          Last minute update: missing space between Location: and my string
MAY be the culprit. But so far no go.

Stéphane Gosselin
stef at cfusions.com