[thelist] Perl problem and question

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Aug 4 18:06:38 CDT 2001

Hassan Schroeder wrote on 5/8/01 12:03 am

>> I have noticed that perl is not as user friendly (function wise) as say
>> PHP.  I have some books that are approx 1 years old.
>
>Hopefully, one of those is the "camel" book -- Programming Perl,
>by Wall, Christiansen, & Schwartz (O'Reilly) :-)

Also the Bighorn Sheep book - the O'Reilly Perl Cookbook.

CPAN is a handy place to start too - lots and lots of nice modules.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland