[thelist] IIS ODBC logging

Ed Courtenay ed at edcourtenay.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 07:54:56 CDT 2001

IIRC, the ODBC logging option does not store as much information as IIS
Extended Logging to a text file. I'd check to see what fields are not
supported by ODBC...

 From a performance point of view, I'd feel uneasy about the web server
logging every activity to the database, especially on a site with heavy use.

Just my £0.02...

Ed Courtenay
http://www.edcourtenay.co.uk

"We've all heard that a million monkeys on a million
keyboards would eventually come up with the entire
works of Shakespeare - thanks to the Internet, we now
know this isn't true...."