[thelist] subdomains and namespace servers

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Aug 6 17:09:59 CDT 2001

Hey Ted -

You're looking to get into DNS(Domain name service). Its what manages
domain names(yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com) and points those hostnames to a
specific IP address.

O'Reilly's "DNS and Bind" book is the best, and pretty cheap. It should
give you insight into what you're trying to do :)

Feel free to shout if you have more questions :)

.djc.