[thelist] Oracle for Dummies

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Mon Aug 6 18:10:09 CDT 2001

Thanks Dan

I've edited my /etc/system file, rebooted, no crashes yet, I'm
1/100th of the way through the install, and not even chain smoking
yet... :-)

>if you're looking for a move up from mysql, oracle is probably
>overkill. it does take some know-how to run and get set up(which if
>you decide to go with it, feel free to ask here.. lots of fun things
>about installing oracle you'll wanna know :)

At this stage this is just a self-educating activity. MySQL serves
all the needs I currently have, but I want to be better informed
about what else is on offer. Besides, databases are just plain sexy.

>anyways, i know i'm not real specific. shout ifyou have any more questions :)

I'd say you could safely put good money on that happening!

BTW: Have you had any experience with the Lite or Personal editions of Oracle?

--
Andrew Forsberg
---