[thelist] Site Review for bluhanddesign.com

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 11:50:23 CDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:03:29 -0700, "Rachell Coe" <rachell at coeville.com>
wrote:

> I am pretty much done with my new web site, and being a daring soul
decided
> I would like to hear your impressions of it.  Don't be afraid to tear
it
> up -- better it happen now while I'm still ready and willing to make
> changes.
>
> http://www.bluhanddesign.com/

Mozilla 0.9.3 / Linux 2.4.3

Oooo yeah, I really like this. Nice and roomy, very calming layout.

I agree with Amanda about the logo, it works really well and sits in the
page design really well. I didn't notice that it was also a navigation
tool (until Amanda pointed it out), but thats ok because I clocked the
text links immediately.

One thing I would say is the colours for the links and hover states
don't really contrast strongly enough with the background. Especially
for the hover state. Might want to look into darkening them a touch, or
using a more contrasting colour.

But thats just a minor quibble *:)

G.