[thelist] Site Critique: Hillside

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Tue Aug 7 15:29:43 CDT 2001

--Quoth the Gina K. Anderson, referring to James Aylard's designs:
> I'd maybe leave the colors in the photos, instead of making them
> monochromatic.

i actually like them monochrome picture; and I think the green
works much better with them than the other two.

also, you might want to bring the navigation more towards the
center of the design -- as it is, it kinda yanks away from the main
page; maybe try moving the search box either up next to the name or
down
into the cream-colored bar. . .

working from that, my second suggestion is to drop the search box
down to the bottom (directly above or below the text nav-links) or
drop it entirely, and center the entire header.  there are two
distinct foci of your design, and the best analogy i can come up
with is an earthquake -- they look like they should (or once did)
line up, but now they're split off to the sides.  the search box is
not enough to offset the big address and navigational text. . .

--
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski         Community Svc. Assessment Project:
121 E College St                 http://members.evolt.org/jswiders
Oberlin OH 44074                 jswiders at oberlin.edu

"Where is the mob?  I have got to follow them; I am their leader!"
-Ledru-Rollin, leftist leader of the French Revolution of 1848