[thelist] [OT] Member accounts

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Wed Aug 8 19:14:17 CDT 2001

Hi admin-types (you, hopefully, know who you are)...

I struggled for some time deciding if I should, to whom I could send the
following question. After considerable contemplation, it appeared to me that
the best way would be a list mailing, since all could thereby benefit from
the thread.

The question is, ever so humbly asked and the pending answer ever so
acquiescently accepted: is there a possibility that members.evolt.org
accounts are soon to be open again for application?

As the topic seems too far OT to me... I owe.

<tip type="ColdFusion Studio Effectiveness">
Make sure you have a copy or backup of a file on which you are planning to
do some Extended Replacing on with Regular Expressions in ColdFusion Studio,
since CFStudio will not allow you to undo after munging a document with this
sometimes bewilderingly powerful, literal and unexpected tool of text
finding and replacement.

For the exceptionally klutzy of key, frenetically jabbing for the Ctrl-Z
several times in a hurried fit after the shock of witnessing a whole day's
work compressed into a few characters, please note that the Ctrl-S key is
precariously close and, while CFStudio, to its benefit, at least does not
save the results of your masochistic venture into the wonderful yet twisted
world of pattern matching replacements, you, to your enduring regret, might.

For another, related tip, look for "Dreamweaver Effectiveness" type tips.
</tip>

<tip type="Dreamweaver Effectiveness">
If you develop ColdFusion applications, and have Dreamweaver and ColdFusion
Studio running side by side to construct your pages, a regular and frequent
switching between the two so that changes made in one tool can be assumed
and reflected by the other can be a great way of saving your documents from
the doom and destruction of inadvertent changes and graceless saves (see:
"ColdFusion Studio Effectiveness" type tips for more gory details).
</tip>

<rory disposition="it's a hard day" alt="8/"/>