[thelist] OT: Working Abroad

Catherine Giayvia giayvia at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:46:46 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm developing a strong hankering to work abroad, specifically in New
Zealand. It's definitely time for me to get away from the 'States for a bit.
Are there any Listers who have successfully gotten past the whole "you can't
get a work permit until you have a job offer and we won't give you a job
offer until you have a work permit" conundrum? Anybody currently working in
New Zealand? Is there truly a shortage of IT professionals there (and in
Australia), as I've heard there is? Tell me everything.

TIA,
Catherine

<tip type="accessibility for PDFs">
When creating a PDF from a Word document that has image objects embedded in
it, choose Format>Autoshape, and under the "Web" tab, add your ALT text for
the image. Now, when the PDF is translated using one of Adobe's online
accessibility tools, or when reading the PDF with a screen reader, the alt
text will be retained, taking you one step closer to your goal of making
accessible PDF documents.
</tip>