[thelist] List bullets - IE vs. Netscape

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sun Aug 12 21:47:21 CDT 2001

> The list bullets on the following page do not show up
> in IE but do in Netscape:
>
> http://www.kalyanideshpande.com/websites.html

hi kaylani

you need to fix your external stylesheet.css file, there should be
absolutely no html in it, just the stuff that's between the <!-- and -->
and don't include the <!-- or the -->

also, you are using  <li><p class="body"> -- i'd stay away from using a
class name that's the same as an element name, maybe it works sometimes,
but it'll jump up and bite you one of these days

for your font families, i'm not 100% sure but i think you have to spell the
fonts correctly in mixed case (at least, it couldn't hurt), and you should
always have a generic one last --

    font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

> Also, is there a way that the bullet size can be
> controlled using CSS? I'd like to make it smaller.

you have a choice of disk (the default), circle, or square:

   ul { list-style-type: circle }

or, you can use your own image (that way it can be as small as you want)

   ul { list-style-image:
            url(http://www.kalyanideshpande.com/verysmalldot.gif) }

one final tip:  don't space out the letters in your title like that

the title is the single most important piece of information used by search
engines to index your page

rudy
http://rudy.ca/