[thelist] CF -created ASX doesn't work with embedded player. (was "Can CF create asx files?")

Nick Koleszar nick at welcomestranger.com
Mon Aug 13 17:35:04 CDT 2001

Thanks to both people who offered a solution to my need to create ASX files
using CF.

It works with the standalone WMP but not with the embedded player. Can
anyone send me the latest code for embedding the current player? The closest
I can find is for WMP 6.4 and I cannot get the embedded player to work with
the dynamically produced ASX file.

I cannot figure out what is wrong here as I am using the same structure to
the query string as I see working sites use but for some reason it doesn't
work for me. for example, <PARAM name="FileName"
value="http://www.w--snipped--/asx.cfm"> works fine as does <PARAM
name="FileName" value="http://www.w--snipped--/asx.cfm?src=one"> but <PARAM
name="FileName" value="http://www.w--snipped--/asx.cfm?src=one/two"> doesn't
even though I have seen it used elsewhere.

so frustrating....

nk