[thelist] asp: FileSystemObject

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 14 14:35:06 CDT 2001

> From: "Tab Alleman" <Tab.Alleman at RealMetros.com>
>
> The host is a Win2K machine sitting under my desk.  I don't know how
> to see if the FSO is enabled, so if you could point me in that
> direction it would be appreciated.

generally, if you get a "can't create object" error while trying to call
it, it won't be enabled...

and since it's a component, you need to have the .dll registered,
there isn't a checkbox to turn it on/off...

next, make sure your permissions are good... do the IWAM* and
IUSER* accounts have permission to run/call the .dll?

log in as someone else and try it via WSH, see if it works...

try other things to test to see if it's a permission/priv thing... i get
the feeling it is...