[thelist] mailto: long body text

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 16:29:31 CDT 2001

Hi Tyme:

I have a couple of (relevant) questions for you.

1. Can we see a code snippet?
2. How are you breaking the paragraphs?
3. Isn't a URL query limited to 256 characters? Maybe mailto's method is considered as
such.
4. So does the body break cleanly after the first paragraph or arbitrarily in that area?
Have you done a chracter count on the resulting truncated email? Is it some base-2 number
like 256 or 1024? (Or, perhaps more telling: 256-(length of the HREF string))

Thanks

/rg