[thelist] writing to existing array with VBScript

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Aug 15 00:31:59 CDT 2001

At 09:09 PM 8/14/2001, you wrote:
>Beautiful. Did some quick reading at MSDN, and from now on the dictionary
>object is my friend.
>
>Thanks for the direct answer re VBS arrays; it makes the dictionary object
>seem even more desirable.

FYI - The MS Dictionary Object can not be used with Session Objects with NT
4.0. Corruption ensues. Get the CapRock Consulting Dictionary Object if you
are using NT 4.0. I've used the CapRock Dictionary Object with Win2K, but
it appears that MS fixed the threading problem with the Dictionary Object
with Win2K. (Anyone? Is that truly correct?)

Lastly - Has Anyone ben able to stuff a dictionary object inside a
dictionary object like you can do Hashes of Hashes with Perl??

e.g.

Set dictMain = Server.CreateObject("caprock.dictionary")
Set dictNodeOne = Server.CreateObject("caprock.dictionary")
Set dictNodeTwo = Server.CreateObject("caprock.dictionary")

dictNodeOne("1") = "One"
dictNodeOne("2") = "Two"
dictNodeOne("3") = "Three"
dictNodeOne("4") = "Four"