[thelist] Suggestions for Mac test environment

Melissa Phelps Firestone liss at frameshift.com
Wed Aug 15 08:31:00 CDT 2001

On 8/15/01 9:25 AM, "Michael Barrett" <mbarrett at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> You can run both OS 9 and X on the same box, although you might find it
> clunky as OS 9 runs in it's memory bubble in OS X, and you might find some
> software (browser) behavior to be wonky.

I would point out that you can install both 9.1 and X on the same machine
and then simply reboot between X and the 'real' 9.1 to test there. I agree
that the Classic (running 9.x inside X) environment introduces some
unnecessary variables, but there's no reason to use separate machines for
each unless you need to view them simultaneously.

-Liss