[thelist] Tables expanding in Netscape (and other quirks)

Diana & Mike Hyatt myershyatt at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 13:44:51 CDT 2001

This is my first time posting to this list, and it looks like most of you
have a lot more experience than I do when it comes to the web. My
background is in print design, so the quirks of displaying in multiple
browsers and platforms is very frustrating for me.

Please take a look at my web page draft at
http://home.earthlink.net/~myershyatt/firelab/ and let me know why the left
navigation bar expands wider than the pixel width I've set in in
Dreamweaver (another program I'm just getting the hang of). Also, there is
a gap where the background color shows through just above this left-hand
table in Navigator that I want to get rid of (which doesn't appear in IE).
I'm viewing the page on a Mac with Netscape Communicator 4.75 and IE 5. So
far it seems that IE renders the page the way it appears in Dreamweaver,
but Netscape does some weird things.

Any other constructive criticism is always welcome.

Does anyone know a good web source that addresses these issues and presents
some coding solutions?

And does anyone have a good resource for learning Dreamweaver 4 quickly
(book or web site)?

Thanks for any tips you can provide,

Diana