mac site check (was Re: [thelist] Suggestions for Mac test environment)

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Aug 15 17:43:02 CDT 2001

Siim,

> The frameset...it is IFRAME and yes, this is not supported by many
> browsers. The multiple html and body tags migt hbe caused by the fact that
> the code is generated dynamically. However, undependent of that the site
> works good on both IE and NS on PC, and even on NS on Mac and only
> problems I have hard about is IE on MAC...and even with this kind of
> system some people have said it works. So what I would like to know right
> now, is what migth be causing this exact problem (that nothing works on
> Mac IE), I`m sure this is actualyl just one-two minor things that Mac
> doesnt like, but what might they be...

    A good rule of thumb, IMO, is to fix known problems with your code --
especially if they are likely to cause rendering issues -- and then ask for
help debugging problems that you can't resolve. It is highly likely that
multiple <head> or <body> elements will cause rendering issues in some
browsers; that they don't in all browsers is testament to the leniency of
those browsers that actually display your page.
    So, bottom line: fix the known problems, and if rendering issues still
occur *then* come back to the list for help.

James Aylard