[thelist] Using Publisher Files in Frontpage

Schaz schaz at ozemail.com.au
Thu Aug 16 00:28:41 CDT 2001

At 12:49 PM 16/08/01, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have received some HTML files from a client that created them in Windows
>Publisher 98. Something I did not expect was that Publisher seems to save
>the entire page a .gif which contains the image maps and pictures being
>used. Could saving this way be a setting he may have set in publisher?

saving files as gif is default in publisher 98 - he will have to upgrade
the version of publisher he is using for the files to be true html - I've
come across this before with clients. Basically the pages will have to be
recreated unless you have publisher and he gives you the publisher files
and you cut'n'paste.

Sorry couldn't have been more help

)O(
Giggles & Moonbeams
Schaz

You know you want to so just go ahead - Lick the witch!
"Although I can accept talking scarecrows, lions and great wizards of
emerald cities, I find it hard to believe there is no paperwork involved
when your house lands on a witch" - Dave James