[thelist] aol webspace?

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Aug 16 17:21:24 CDT 2001

Hi there :)

You can try: http://members.aol.com/websupport/, and here's
a quick run-down.

AOL's member's urls are http://members.aol.com/username, and
you can (thank God) ftp into the hosting space. AOL must be
open and connected before you can FTP into the space--so if
you are uploading it, you need to install AOL and know the
persons username (which is called the "screename" at AOL)
and login password.

You can FTP into the space with the following:
Host Name/Address: members.aol.com
UserID: ftp
Password: username at aol.com

Yeah, the password is the email address of the user, that's
why AOL has to be open and logged onto the users account in
order to work. :)

They're UNIX based, or they used to be. You can't use any
CGI scripts other than what they give you on AOL, no
databases unless they've changed things which I doubt. You
can try keyword MYSPACE, and WEBPAGE to see the CGI's (under
keyword "webpage" ->Advanced HTML) they give you, and for
other help on how to do things.

Hope that helps.
Gina Anderson