[thelist] I am looking into the possibility of replacing my ...

Poojie poojie at dccnet.com
Fri Aug 17 02:16:12 CDT 2001

<snip>
What I should have asked was does anyone on the list have a
preference
in mobo config's because of the type of work they do?
</snip>

Also check http://neoseeker.com which not only has reviews, but
also indexes hardware reviews on other sites which makes for quick
research.

As for particular mobos...

Socket A (AMD Athlon): Asus A7V133
Socket 370 (Intel PIII): EPoX 3SPA3 or Asus CUSL2-C

Basically it doesn't matter what type of work you do -- it comes
down to stability and reliability which everyone wants. The
features you want (onboard RAID, etc...) are something you need to
decide for yourself.

Daryl

PS: I am ugly :]