[thelist] I am looking into the possibility of replacing my ...

rick rolson at otn.net
Fri Aug 17 19:54:03 CDT 2001

When they advertise a 200 or 266 FSB, it's really 100 or 133, but it
transmits on the rising and the falling of the clock cycle (like in DDR
SDRAM).  So, the Asus A7V133 does in fact have the 266Mhz FSB that the other
socket A KT133A boards have.  The 133 is misleading there.

 From personal experience, I'd go with the Abit KT7A.  I've been using it and
it's older brother the Abit KT7, and it has ran flawlessly for me.  The BIOS
is excellent, with tons of options for tweaking if you get adventurous...
RAID would be nice, and is only about $20-$30 extra, so why not?  However,
mirroring obviously won't get you any performance benefits (but it gives you
some fault tolerance).  Striping is fast, but I wouldn't consider it vital
by any means.

rick