[thelist] Hourly charges for a database

iibiz sales at iibiz.com
Sat Aug 18 19:08:36 CDT 2001

> My question is, is it best to charge by the hour for a particular page in
> web site that requires a database concept, and is $25.00 an hour low high
in
> the middle. Keeping in mind that the client most likely will be giving me
> the info electronically or inputting into the database herself.
>
> I won't know until I meet with the client in a couple of weeks but she may
> have close to between 500-1000 products.

Bob,

Seems low to me.  Pricing is generally a taboo subject on the list, so I
don't want to be any more specific than to say, check out
http://www.aquentpartners.com/info/free_tools/index.cfm

Based on how vague they're being with the details already - "500 to 1000
items" - that's a big difference, I would definitely go for hourly pricing
over a set price for the whole project on this one.  It will keep those
"project creep" pains at bay.  (Hey, there's a new one.  Instead of
suffering from PMS, we can be suffering from PCP (project creep pains) -
which are far worse!!!)  ;)

Good luck!

Sandy