[thelist] design critique/css

Max Gasner mgasner at ramblings.com
Sat Aug 18 21:56:21 CDT 2001

Hi,

I'd appreciate it if people could take a look at
http://www.ramblings.com/stuy-ld/ and tell me what they think about the
design (particularly the color scheme), the interface & its usability,
and the CSS I'm using. It's the first design I've built using CSS and so
I suspect there's something terrible lurking in my code. In particular
I'm queasy about this:

a.navbar:link {  color: #FFFFCC; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold}
a.navbar:visited {  color: #FFFFCC; text-decoration: none}
a.navbar:hover {  color: #FFFFCC; text-decoration: underline}
a.navbar:active {  color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none}

a.sidebar:link {  color: #66CCFF; text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold}
a.sidebar:visited {  color: #66CCFF; text-decoration: none}
a.sidebar:hover {  color: #66CCFF; text-decoration: underline}
a.sidebar:active {  color: #FFFFCC; text-decoration: none}

Is there an easier way to do this (have two sets of link colors on one
page)? How come it doesn't work in Netscape 4.76?

For a page with some content & an idea how it'll end up looking as a
functioning site, take a look at http://www.ramblings.com/stuy-ld/research/max_01sepoct.html

Thanks,

Max.