[thelist] RE: CSS + Div Menu in tables malfunctioning in NS4+ for

jon steele jjsteele22 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 09:23:48 CDT 2001

Hi Am,

Whenever I want to use dropdown menus in NS4, I use a <layer>. If you
have some sort of serverside scripting, you can use that to detect the
browser and output a div or a layer.

For example, in PHP:

$nn = strpos($HTTP_USER_AGENT,"4.7");
if($nn){
   echo '<layer left="40" top="50" onmouseout="hideLayer()"
onmousemove="showLayer()">';
}else{
   echo <div style="...blahblah...">
}

NN can really do a lot with its layer tag.

If the div/layers are absolute, why are they in tables? I usually put
all of my absolute div/layers right after the <body> tag.

Jon