[thelist] timesheet/project time record recommendations?

nate koechley nate at vicksburgcollective.com
Tue Aug 21 18:49:54 CDT 2001

i've been meaning to give one of these (php-based time and project tracking
packages) a try, but haven't had the free cycles yet. anyone have
experience with one or another of them?

from http://www.php.net/projects.php, these are the ones i've been
considering, in order of my surface-level preference.
http://seattleserver.com/phptimesheet.htm
http://www.phprojekt.com/
http://www.willuhn.de/

or, looking forward to reply's to matt newell's post.

thanks,
nate

<tip type="absolute dhtml positioning while centered in browser"
author="nate koechley">
some dhtml implementation's require that div's be absolutely positioned,
for example a scrolling panel (because you need to know the clipping areas,
etc etc.). the problem with absolute positioning tho, is that it prevents
you from centering the entire page, which many designers/clients request.

try this if you find yourself in this situation. first, built your page as
you normally work. position all your div's absolutely, etc. then, at the
end of the day, stick everything inside a relatively positioned div, inside
a centered table. this method tricks the absolute divs to find the position
(1x,1y) to be where-ever the relative div ends up. voila, you have full
pixel control of all your divs, and they can still all be centered within
the browser.

this method works for me on the b6b (Big 6 Browsers). (mac/ns4.7,
mac/ie5.0, pc/ns4.7, pc/ns 6.0, pc/ie5.0, and pc/opera5.0)

here's the example code.
foobar</div>
</tip>