[thelist] a pixel is a pixel.....right?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:39:10 CDT 2001

>I guess i can do some browser and OS detection and write variations on the
>same style sheet to adjust for font size...

But why? (OK, I admit this is a pet peeve of mine) You can also say that the
font sizes fall within the inevitable browser differences. Personally I
never make special style sheets for the various browser, I always write only
one. Keeps updating easy. If NN4 users want to see bigger fonts, let them
download a better browser.

Why strive for absolute control? Give the browser instructions, then let it
handle the page (assuming the text is at least readable).

But this is a difficult question with no easy right or wrong, so feel free
to disagree <g>.

ppk