[thelist] CF Advanced Security & NT Domains

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Thu Aug 23 21:18:16 CDT 2001

Hi Raymond,

> I _believe_ this is normal. You will not see any users, but you can add them
> manually (and groups). There should be a form text box to enter the names
> in.

Thanks for responding!  I pretty much fitzed today away trying to get it to work, and eventually found this message in the forums:
http://forums.coldfusion.com/coldfusion/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=210308#bottom

Basically, domain security = 'yes', ODBC security = 'yes', but domain + odbc security = 'no'.  The message says that this is a known bug in CF 5 with NT 4 only, but I could not find it documented anywhere "officially".

I tried your suggestions as well, and got 'X is not a known user' errors when I entered both user names and group names.

I have decided to cut my losses (time-wise) and go to plan B for the security on this site (All-ODBC-based model with SiteMinder); hopefully you guys over at Macromedia are aware of this issue and are hard at work on fixing it :), so I'll be able to apply the patch (*cough*) and do what I need to do on down the road.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Seth