[thelist] Creating Clients

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Fri Aug 24 04:45:46 CDT 2001

The first thing I thought of when I read the original post on this business
idea is how do you include the client's own material in the site and still
retain copyright? When I've created sites for clients, the majority of the
site content comes from their existing material. You can't create everything
from scratch, without a great deal of work.

I've just sat in on a copy meeting for a site of our own that we're
launching on Monday and the discussions around the detailed ways of
desribing different parts of the company were very sensitive. If I own a
company, I want the descriptions of the company written by someone who a)
knows the company and what they do or b) who will make changes to the text
to reflect my view of the company as and when I ask for them.

If I'm creating a site on a low budget for a client, I want to be able to
reuse as much of their original material as possible - I don't have time to
learn everything about the company.

Sorry, but I just can't see how one could create a cost effective site for a
company in a manner that would allow one to own all the material, without
producing a "cookie cutter" site with extremely generic descriptions.

My 2 öre!
.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net