[thelist] Server based virus scanner

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 10:00:04 CDT 2001

Hi Steve,

AFAIK most of these type of products work under Exchange 5.5, so an upgrade
might be in order before you get going.

We use MAILsweeper here, which is great if you have a separate AV product
(e.g. Sophos) and the time to maintain it. It does do an excellent job of
grabbing dodgy mails though, and you can set it up to filter based on
content, attachments, virus signatures, whatever you fancy. It's a bit of a
pain to get set up but once it's running it works very well.

I had a quick word with the IT manager here who mumbled something about
Trend doing an all-in-one package that you might be interested in, but he
had to go and pull some more hair out before he got a chance to explain
further :-) Might be worth investigating though.

Cheers
Jon