[thelist] IE6 (missing Java)

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Tue Aug 28 11:45:37 CDT 2001

I have to agree.  Sun seems to be whining here.  They can't have things both
ways.  I can work with Java or ActiveX.  I don't care, but the rest of the
world seems to.  Coding in ActiveX components into your web page is a good
way to drive away hits, it seems.
Personally I like the extra flexibility I get from ActiveX.  So do the virus
coders though :-(  , causing everyone to be afraid of any custom ActiveX
components.

Brian W. King

I find the whole Java thing highly amusing...

Sun sues Microsoft for trying to add proprietary features to Java (both to
improve performance, and potentially lock customers into the Window
platform)  Sun wins, and Microsoft  goes home bruised and angry.  Windows XP
comes out, and lo and behold, no Java.  Microsoft fears a Sun lawsuit and
injunction on Windows XP.  Which seems reasonable...

Now Sun is bitching and moaning and how Microsoft is abusing their monopoly
to shut out Java.  But hey, Microsoft is Sun's CUSTOMER.  If you sue someone
for shoplifting, you tell them to never come back...well, that's what you
wanted!  Except this customer holds the keys to the castle.

Sun should of thought this one through.

        Ryan Finley
        President - SurveyMonkey.com (http://www.surveymonkey.com)