[thelist] quote from Webmonkey site re: copyrighted images

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Tue Aug 28 15:49:45 CDT 2001

But, if I take an image (either from the web, or scanned from a book, or
from a CD or wherever), pixelate the heck out of it, and run it through a
negative emboss, the resulting image should be beyond recognition, and yet
serve whatever warped artistic purpose I had.  Is this still considered
derivative and copywritten?

note: I have no skills in the graphics department, so the process above may
make no sense, but you get my point.

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com