[thelist] CFX on Linux?

John Pye john.pye at purplehouse.com
Wed Aug 29 07:11:22 CDT 2001

Hi Frank

CFX tags need to be compiled for the machine you are using. The exception
might be Java-based CFX tags. I have tried using DLL CFX tags on Linux,
before I worked out how it all fitted together, and they certainly DON'T
work.

CFX tags are normally little C++ programs, compiled with a special cold
fusion library and header files. This header file lets you interact with
cold fusion by giving you commands for creating query objects, raising
exceptions, retreive calling attributes, and write output to Cold Fusion.

As well as the C++ library, there is a Java library ('interface') that gives
similar functionality.

I have wondered about writing a nice little CFX wrapper to Saxon (the XSLT
processor) - if anyone has looked into that, I'd be keen to hear about it!

John

John Pye
http://www.creativebase.com/
+44 (0)20 7258 6900