[thelist] ColdFusion: zipping up a file for Mac download

John Pye john.pye at purplehouse.com
Wed Aug 29 07:16:18 CDT 2001

Hi listers

Has anyone had experience with zipping up files for download by mac users?

We have an interface on our admin pages which lets users export data query
results. Results from a query are GZIPed and returned using CFCONTENT.

I have set up CFCONTENT to delete the file once it has been downloaded, and
it works nicely in Windows, but on Mac, every time you download, you get a
message saying the file has already been deleted.

It seems to me that Mac file download spawn two requests for a file perhaps?

Any ideas? All suggestions appreciated!

JP

John Pye
http://www.creativebase.com/