[thelist] Install/uninstall ie6

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Wed Aug 29 09:32:10 CDT 2001

Best suggestion i can come up with for this is to simple create a new
partition and copy as much of your setup across before installing IE6.

Which raises the following topic:
<tip type="System Partition Config" Author="Michael Pemberton">
For those of us who are always playing around with our system config and
always trying out the "latest" technology, life can be a bit tragic if
you lose everything in a moment of experimentation.

One method of limiting the level of destruction caused by a system
failure is the separate the various parts of your system into individual
partitions (or even better, drives).

For example, here's my current setup:
    1: Win2000 (active and operational setup)
    2: Programs (all my software / games)
    3: Data (All my data and application config files if possible)
    4: Win2000 (Base version for easy recovery)

This means that if, for some reason, my win2000 setup gets stuffed, I
will always be able to recover as much of my system as possible.

It also helps if you have more than one OS installed and want to keep
your data accessible from both sides without risking the other OS
installations.
</tip>