[thelist] IIS lockdown tool

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 11:47:49 CDT 2001

Hi All,

you may already know this but I thought I would post it anyway. This was
sent to me in a newsletter that I subscribe to. I know there have been posts
in the past about security with IIS and though I would give this info.

Microsoft has released a new security tool that makes it simple
to secure an IIS 4.0 or 5.0 web server. The tool, known as the
IIS Lockdown Tool, allows web servers to quickly and easily be
put into the right configuration – in which the server provides
all of the services the administrator wants to provide, and no
others. Customers can use this tool to instantly protect their
systems against security threats that target web servers. More
info can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/security/tools/locktool.asp

Bob

---