[thelist] CSS Question...

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Aug 29 20:00:00 CDT 2001

>  I'm wondering if someone can tell me if there is a CSS
>  text property for enabling anti-alias. I find that when
>  I use css, the text edges are very choppy and I would
>  like to display them with an anti-alias look without
>  having to resort to a graphic.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the answer is No.
Anti-aliasing of text is taken care of by the browser (which is in
turn taken care of by the OS).

If you've got a case of the jaggies, I would recommend looking at the
following items:

1) The font on your particular machine is bitmap, not vector based.

2) The particular size (too small or weird: 11.423pt) makes it hard
for your machine to deal with nicely.

3) The font you've specified is unavailable and has been substituted
for an alternate.

4) An anti-aliasing gremlin was hungry and started nibbling on your font-edges.

--

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com