[thelist] Securing PHP include files

Todd Tyler todd_tyler at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 22:40:02 CDT 2001

Being sort of new to PHP, I have a question about include files.

I've read that to secure my include files (which contain database
connection functions among other things), I need to place them outside
of my document root directory. The problem is, I have a site where I
don't have access to another directory outside of my document root. In
that case, if I have to place the include files in the document root (or
a subdirectory of the document root) what's the best way to keep my
include files from being seen by anyone hitting the site?

Thanks for any ideas.

Todd