[thelist] Running cron on NT?

John Handelaar genghis at members.evolt.org
Thu Aug 30 07:59:07 CDT 2001

OK -

If you're running *IIS* instead of an unsupported NT web server
which Apache Group itself recommends against using other than
for testing purposes, the non-CGI version of PHP is prone to
spectacular meltdowns.

Then again, the CGI version was leaking memory like a bastard
until 3 weeks ago.  Most people simply never notice because they don't
carry 50k+ pages through it every day.

Don't take that as MS evangelism, btw - Apache 1.x just doesn't
cut it for high-volume work on NT.  Apache 2 probably will, and
at that point we'll probably start using it.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com