[thelist] ASP/CDONTS Question

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Aug 30 15:42:47 CDT 2001

Scott Dexter wrote:
> > Furthermore, if someone could point me toward a tutorial
> > detailing how to
> > upload files with a form, using ASP, that would be great.
> > (Especially if it
> > details attaching that file to an email.)
> >

> Once you've got the file uploaded, you can check
> http://evolt.org/article/EmailswithIISpart2/17/3875/index.html
>
> for some insight (and one way) to attaching it to your outbound
> emails....

These are great articles sgd! Very slick. I'm passing them to my list -
a pal was asking about sending multipart mail and using CDONTS - and
these look real useful for learning how this stuff *works*!

Excellent.

	- Joe

<tip subject="textpad, regular expression numbering" author="joe
crawford [ http://artlung.com/ ]">

Textpad for Windows <http://www.textpad.com/> is a great piece of
software. Excellent for plain text file playing. I especially love the
\i expression for regular expressions.

Say you have a file:
--------------
The
quick
brown
fox
jumped
over
the
lazy
dog
--------------

And you want to make it a CSV with some primary keys - simply open it in
textpad, then do a replace for
	^
and replace with
	\i\t

And you get
--------------
1	The
2	quick
3	brown
4	fox
5	jumped
6	over
7	the
8	lazy
9	dog
--------------

And say you wanted to increment by some other value, or start it at a
different number - let's say you want to start at 526 and increment by
19?
search for
	^
and replace with
	\i(526,19)\t

And you get:
--------------
526	The
545	quick
564	brown
583	fox
602	jumped
621	over
640	the
659	lazy
678	dog
--------------

Or you can do descending numbers as well - say you want to work
backwards from 100 by 1
search for
	^
replace with
	\i(100,-1)\t
--------------
100	The
99	quick
98	brown
97	fox
96	jumped
95	over
94	the
93	lazy
92	dog

In addition, the help file is actually useful!
</tip>

--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com