[thelist] dhtml newbie question ....

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 3 15:59:21 CDT 2001

> Message: 31
> From: "jelle desramaults" <nsg_chong at hotmail.com>
> To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:05:49 -0700
> charset="iso-8859-1"
> Subject: [thelist] dhtml newbie question ....
>
> Evolters,
>
> i'm working on a new site for a customer, i use a layer (wich can be
> scrolled) where i put a series of thumbnails in, when one clicks on the
> thumbnail, a big image will appear at the top half of the page. Our client
> now wants a "descriptive popup" when one mouses over one of the thumbnails
> (something like what they used to have @ www.php.net). Our problem is that
> we've never dealt with this kinda thing before and i was wondering if you
> guys could get me started.
>
> i know my explanation is kinda vague but any tips at all would be welcome,
> let it all out :)
>
> > website url : http://www.imagine.be/secret/hori1/
> > off list email : nsg_chong at hotmail.com
>
> thx
>
> , jelle

I used the script you describe to both show an image
and the associated text under it.
The areas that will need to be modified have all been
placed within easy reach for coding purposes.

I placed the bulk of the script in an external file and
loaded only parameters I needed to change and the
images and text in the actual document.

Very effective!

Check out the author's website for more details on using
the script.
www.dyn-web.com

The version I used is in this demo.
http://home.netcom.com/~krr/Tool_Tip_Demo.zip