[thelist] SQL - Foreign Key Constraint - in another database?

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Tue Sep 4 10:20:17 CDT 2001

I'm not convinced, Matt.. Tables are inherently collections of whatever,
implying plurality (as you said.) If the plurality is implied, shouldn't it
be named? Also makes queries (my simple little ones, anyway) flow more
naturally, the plural looking more like language rather than abstract code.

I'm not an old hand at db admin by any means, so I'm genuinely interested in
this kind of feedback, but this seems backward to me. Are there admin
issues, etc. you've run into, or is it a personal preference thing?

spinhead

p.s. CATEGORIES, OCTOPI, and FISH. Plural is plural, so CATEGORYS is just a
misspelling. In my databases I use the strict Latin plurals, so OCTOPUSSES
wouldna happen. Finally, isn't FISH already plural?