[thelist] Is this a good idea...or am I crazy?

Mark Kennedy mark at eurogamer.net
Wed Sep 5 14:14:26 CDT 2001

Apache can already gzip up content on the fly, and upon receiving the correct
headers, many modern browsers will decompress it all.  I don't know the
mechanics of implementing the compression, but I seem to remember that the PHP
website uses it (I've seen 4x speed increases quoted).

Mark

Mark Kennedy
www.eurogamer.net