[thelist] ASP or DHTML - when to use?

Mark Kennedy mark at eurogamer.net
Fri Sep 7 08:21:21 CDT 2001

Well, I think php does some caching, although I'm not entirely sure to what
extent.  I know that changing a php include doesn't always get reflected in a
page refresh - you have to touch the main source file too.

If it does cache the output of an entire script based on the GET line contents,
then static pages with a php suffix shouldn't be any slower.  At least, I've
never noticed such a thing, and I often build multiple static pages with similar
content using php includes for things like page headers.

Mark

Mark Kennedy
Developer
www.eurogamer.net