[thelist] How often to redesign

Paul Rollo paul at argoim.com
Fri Sep 7 08:22:24 CDT 2001

Not only excessive but crazy I would venture.  But I think his motives are
correct.  You've got loads of information on there, but my advice would be
to spend resources on developing a design which can be regularly updated
with stories, commentary, news items all of which will cumulatively collect
to form a great resource for visitors, interesting not just informative,
and will provide multiple entry points to the site for users coming
directly from a search engine which has crawled and indexed your pages.

Design wise, you could seasonally adjust your site to add variety but it is
important from a branding and usability perspective to keep the site using
a familiar design and navigation system without adjusting unnecessarily.

Just a thought,
Paul.

At 08:30 07/09/01 -0400, JenniferE at mif.com wrote:
>My boss thinks our corporate web site should be redesigned on a regular
>basis (like every quarter or 4 months) to "keep it interesting".  I think
>this is excessive.  For one thing, we do have people hit the site on a
>regular basis for online tracking
>features, and I think they would like to have more consistency than
>that.  And I just don't think changing that often is necessary.  What are
>your opinions?
>
>Web site: http://www.mif.com
>
>Thanks, Jennifer

Paul Rollo, Managing Director, Argo Internet Marketing Ltd.
Leaders in web site design, development and site promotion.
D O I N G T H I N G S T H A T C A N ' T B E D O N E (tm)

2 Commerce Street, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1BS, Scotland.
Tel: +44 (0) 1343 551777 Fax: +44 (0) 1343 552777
Web: http://www.argointernetmarketing.com/

E-mail Disclaimer/Confidentiality Notice

Private and Confidential: This message may contain privileged/confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for its
delivery to such recipient), you may not read, use or rely on the contents
of this message or copy or deliver this message to anyone else. Please
notify the sender by reply e-mail that you have received this message in
error and then delete it from your system immediately.

The following notes are an important integral part of this message and
should be read.
1. It is your responsibility to carry out such virus or other checks as are
appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments do not affect
your systems or data. We shall not be held responsible for any effect that
there may be on your systems or data resulting from receipt of this message.
2. Any views, opinions, conclusions or other information in this message
which do not relate to the business of this company are not given on behalf
of or endorsed by us. Any defamatory statement or infringement of copyright
is contrary to our employment policies and outwith the scope of employment
of the individual concerned. No liability will be accepted in respect of
any such matter.
3. Unless specifically stated in this message and authorised by us, nothing
in this message shall be taken to be an offer or acceptance of any contract
of any nature.
4. We do not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message
after it was originally sent.