[thelist] How often to redesign

lauren g lauren3g at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:40:45 CDT 2001

Jennifer:

I don't think some redesign every quarter is bad at all as long as it isn't
an overhaul.  I think the overall look and feel, navigation etc should
remain the same.  People do get familiar with things and they don't want to
have to relearn how to use the site every quarter.

On the other hand updating information, having a quarterly section that
changes or even seasonal color/illustration graphic change that relates to
your industry might keep the site interesting for returning viewers.

I looked at the site and right now it doesn't seem that this idea would
implement well.  Next time you overhaul the site, think about areas you
could update regularly.  Make it as easy to do as possible especially if it
is graphic changes.